3 Main Benefits of Good Family planning.
Moreover, there are several family planning methods used. Some are short-term while some are long-term.
Therefore, Short-term methods include pills (COCs- Combined Oral Contraceptives and POPs-Progesterone Only Pills), Hormonal contraception (Depo Provera Injection), Male and Female Condoms (Barrier method), Emergency contraception (E-pills), fertility awareness, Calender method (Natural) and more.
In addition, we have the long-term methods which include the implant or implanol, Intra Uterine Device (IUD), Permanent methods like vasectomy and tubal ligation.
As an element of primary health care, there are different benefits of family planning to the users. The three (3) main benefits include:
a.) It helps save women and children’s life and preserves their health-by preventing untimely and unwanted pregnancies.
b.) It also helps women’s exposure to health risk of childhood and abortion.
c.) Women who are sole-bread winners or caregivers get more time to care for children and themselves.
Good family planning programme characteristics.
- Govt. support is very important.
- Well-trained health providers who are sensitive to cultural conditions, they listen to client’s needs, friendly and empathetic.
- Affordable services which provide a wide-range in the choices of contraceptive methods e.g. Oral contraceptives, IUCD, implants, voluntary surgical contraceptives( vasectomy and others)
- Counseling which ensures informed consent in contraceptive choice.
- Counseling provides privacy and confidentiality.
-The place needs to be clean and comfortable facilities.
-Prompt services are very important.
Safe Motherhood Initiative
The WHO, UNICEF and the World Bank plus other International agencies organized a conference on International Safe Motherhood and this was to address the health needs of a woman of child-bearing age.
To bring to the world’s attention, the problem of high maternity mortality rate and also what needed to be done to ensure safe pregnancy and child-birth. Many women all over the world are dying of common obstetric problem that can be managed by simple technology.
♥ As good Jamii-Health readers, I believe you would want to know the Danger Signs in Pregnancy, Labour and Delivery, After